I think I should start building a watchlist every day near market open so I have my thoughts written down and can go back and see what happened with my trade ideas. I’ll mostly be watching $AMD since I want to close it out. Also, I’m starting to feel really tired since my sleep schedule is all screwed up. Don’t think I’ll take any trades except for selling $AMD - enough for pizza money!
Gapped up largely yesterday, had a spike, then failed. It consolidated the rest of the day, trading in a channel between $15.20 and $15.80. It spiked into the close and is fading premarket now. Not sure if this will be a long or short but it should be watched. Looks like a 5c tick.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Halozyme Enter Global Collaboration and License Agreement for ENHANZE Technology
Large gap up after hours and then sold off. Now uptrending premarket since 7:00 AM. Volume is currently 1.4M which is a bit high.
- Mirati Therapeutics Presents Positive Preliminary Data From On-Going Clinical Trials Of Sitravatinib In Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Had an awesome multiday breakout yesterday from $7.30 up to $11.00. Gapping down premarket significantly. Potential short but could certainly still squeeze. Trade the price action.
- Aldeyra Therapeutics Schedules Webcast and Conference Call to Announce Results from Dry Eye Disease Phase 2a Clinical Trial
- Aldeyra Therapeutics’ stock soars after positive results of dry eye disease treatment
I really should close out my $12.30 long position since it’s failing to break past $12.50 after that massacre a few days ago. Ideally that is where I want to get out but I might have to take $12.45. It’s gapping up premarket so maybe we’ll get a 20c spike at the open.
Offering at $10.75/share. It’s gapping up premarket probably because the offering price was at the market close price. Possible resistance at $12.00 and $13.40. It put in a head and shoulders several months ago in that range.
Up slightly but this stock never holds any of its spikes. I got screwed by this one before several months ago trying to dip buy it. Tons of shares available at IB so it’s a potential short but might not have enough volume for it to be worth it.
- Tonix Pharma (TNXP) Granted European Patent for the Active Ingredient in Tonmya (Cyclobenzaprine HCl Sublingual Tablets)
- Had a short opportunity near the open but wasn’t really worth it.
- Had a great dip buy opportunity at $15.70 when it wasn’t breaking down and started spiking. From there it uptrended to $16.65 before starting to crack a little.
- Really choppy for the first 45 minutes of the day, probably due to the 5c tick. Buying at the consolidation breakout near $10.20 would have worked well. It’s now at $12.40 and not showing any signs of stopping. I have to keep editing the price because it just won’t stop going up. It’s hard not to just buy in and chase but I won’t - that’s how you lose money!
- Morning spike then broke down for 10 minutes. Could have been a good short.
- Later on it had a big run then a hard crack. Shorting the rebound at $10.95 or $11.00 would have worked wonderfully - down to $10.20.
- This is what I was watching during the morning because I wanted to sell into a spike. I got the spike and exited my position for a 25c/share gain. Could have been more patient and sold into ~$12.62 but I didn’t want to risk it.
- Pizza money achieved.
- Really choppy at the open then faded on low volume. Don’t really see any opportunities that I could have taken on it.
- No volume at all and the spreads were awful at the open so I stopped watching after a minute or two.
I am not a registered financial adviser/broker/anything. Use this information for entertainment/informational purposes only. Any tickers mentioned are not recommendations to buy/sell/or sell short. They are used as examples only.