Trading Review 2017
2017 was pretty good. I learned an incredible amount this year and cannot believe how little I knew when I first started trading in OptionsHouse / RobinHood.
I finally landed on the right broker and have begun focusing on setups I like instead of chasing the open like I was doing at the beginning of the year.
I made quite a few mistakes that ended in sizeable losses compared to my position size, but I still managed to keep the losses tight. It’s all part of the process.
Trading Goals for 2018
- Eventually size up in a few weeks/months. Move up to 250, 500, and eventually 1,000 share positions.
- Start making $100+ per day when I start sizing up. That’s only a 10c move on 1,000 shares.
- Focus on 1-2 patterns (dip buys / breakouts on strong stocks).
- Rewatch some of Tim’s DVDs. I’ve seen most a few times but it never hurts to watch again!
Unrelated Goals for 2018
- Exercise more frequently.
- I have kettlebells but I rarely use them. I want to work my way up to heavier weights.
- I enjoy listening to podcasts while walking but that’s not very intense. I’d like to start sprinting and luckily I have a sizeable hill to sprint up. I’ve done that twice so far but the weather has been too cold for me to want to do it.
- Eat less refined carbs.
- I’m a big fan of the ketogenic diet but sugar is so addictive and palatable that I end up falling out of ketosis. So mainly I just want to eat more leafy greens and cut out refined sugar as much as possible.